Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design






User experience definitely influenced the way made my Scratch game because this was a project that the whole class would see. I needed to impress them with something creative and fun to play. Based off off that i tried to find the most creative characters possible. I also checked out all of the backgrounds and music to find a creative one.  My GT teacher was also going to see this so i had to follow the requirments.

I think that my two games are very different but the same in some ways. For example, one way that they are the same is that I used the some of the same codes for them like the arrow keys code. One way that I think they are different is that the Platform game I had to make a lot more sprites than my chase because i needed to have the platforms, the box, the ground, and the sprite that the player controls (Monkey). 

The most advanced code out of my games would have to be falling which was included in the plat former game. This code included 2 data blocks (Gravity, Velocity). This definitely took a while. The biggest bug was also in my plat former game, it was jummping, falling and staying on the plat forms. I think out of all my games the plat former game was the hardest for me.







7 comments:

  1. Your game worked very smoothly and all the controls worked
    I would maybe consider making the time start at like 30 seconds instead of 60 because thats a little long
    I love the sprites because they are very unusual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your game was very fun to play. Next time end the game so the timer stops. Your game was really smooth and fun to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm gonna eat you!" Extra entertainment, that made me laugh to be honest. Here's something I saw, whenever the unicorn touches the cheese puff, you lose 2 points. I think it's because the unicorn is faster and it passes by you 2 times. You can improve on that if you change the steps by 5 or so. Overall, you have a great game going, it works well and it's very simple. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, I love the monkey! If I was you, I would get rid of the "if on edge bounce off." I think it would get ride of the glitchy things. I also think you did very well the whole project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. its an awsome game but I think you should make it jump by using the "up arrow" that will help but otherwise its really fun and awsome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how you have the plat forms moving consistently through out your game
    Maybe you could set you sprite character to like a few sizes smaller
    I really like how you set people up for a challenge well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a platform game, I think it was planned out exceptionally. But, I think the player needs to be shrunken quite a bit, and to make sure I don't spawn in the win spot, set a coordinate to the bottom when you start. But good effort overall

    ReplyDelete